Quick 36 Side Discharge Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, May 6, 2008.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Thus far this spring, I have been mulching with my Ninja. The machine leaves a heck of a cut - but I have also seen a fair bit of 'balling up' and accumulation under the deck. I can't go from one job to the next without cleaning out the deck. This can't go on....

This said, how does the mower side discharge? I haven't tried it yet. Does the mower do a good job of chopping up clippings before discharging? What I want to avoid is the 'windrowing' effect of side-discharging clippings, it just looks sloppy and I talk-up my quality of cut with my customers.

Can anyone give me any confidence to yank off the mulch plate and kick the clippings out with the Quick?

2. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

As always, it depends. How hi or low are you cutting? is the grass thick and wet with spring top growth? Generally speaking, I have good luck and ONLY side discharge unless working near a lot of flower beds etc. you may find yourself continuing to clean out the deck to keep the discharge free and clear. You may find yourself double cutting which is very effective, but takes time, or you may increase the frequency of mowing depending on conditions.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Bump - what do all you Quick owners think about this issue?

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Try it both ways...I do not know what type of turf your dealing with but the mulch plate goes on and off pretty easily....I try to mulch as much as possible or bag high end residential....commerical or city stuff we blow it out the side and if needed...walk with the blowers and knock down any little clumps that appear. We only double cut when we can double charge....