Quick 36 Stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GFTC, May 17, 2007.

1. GFTC

GFTC LawnSite Member

For those of you Quick 36 owners, let's see those stripes!

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet !! are those with or without the roller ??
  3. lithnights

lithnights LawnSite Member

Beautiful!! I wondered the same thing as buckeye. Roller or not?

More importantly, how do you get the stripes to go right up to the tree bed? I've seen this on other pics and wonder how guys do it.
  4. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I sat here for 5 minutes trying to figure it out and figured I would post the Q and here you beat me to it. It looks AMAZING...so how the HELL do you guys do it.
  5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Come on now its not hard to figure out. Study this picture for a minute. Look at the pole in the ground on the right. This is a bad example because its not a big round tree but you get the idea.

6. lithnights

I guess all my overanalyzing and countless postings on my soon to be mower purchase has made me dumber than a doornail. I still don't see it. I recall a previous thread tried to explain it but it still wasn't clear to me and the original guy who asked. Please explain to me?? :hammerhead:

I know the concept is you circle the object then do the stripes in a certain fashion but I don't know exactly. I've also seen lines go right up to a drop off curb or house and wonder how they do that.
  7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

In the light color stripe I was heading toward that blue van. The next stripe to the left I was heading back and it wiped out the overlap from the previous stripe where I went around that little pole. :drinkup:
  8. lithnights

OK that makes sense. With a small pole, I can see what you mean. But on the top picture on this thread, what I don't get is how they got the dark stripe coming from the middle of the tree.

I'm guessing you're going to simply say it's the same concept. I'll just have to go out and experiment.
  9. Jnamo

Jnamo LawnSite Member

Same concept. Always circle an object (tree, pole, dog crap pile) before you get to one pass away. If you wait until the object is in the path your are now cutting, it is too late. You have to cirlce it before you get it in the path.

Hope this helps,
    Practice, Practice, Practice...Take pride in the appearance and not just cutting 1/2 acre in 8 minutes 23 seconds blah, blah, blah...
  10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

It's just one of those things you learn by doing. After a while you figure out which way you need to go to make the stripes look good and not all over the place, like my first few times last year, lol.