quick 36 super fox vs scag 36 belt drive

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bstroman, Mar 10, 2007.

1. bstroman

bstroman LawnSite Member

Quick 36 super fox and scag 36 are the same price with the dealer in my town that has a close out on the scag. Both have recoil start but the scag has a kaw. motor, but belt drive. Would love to know if the super fox is really that good seeing that it is the bottom of the quick line. Any thoughts would help. This will be my main mower this year I only have 4 accounts and run solo.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That Scag is a very heavy duty machine used by people mowing 5 to 7 hours a day and it will last a very very long time. It is in a far different class than the Qucik which would probably fit your needs.

3. bstroman

bstroman LawnSite Member

well they are the same price, different class are not. Just not sure about belt drive.

4. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

I have used Lesco 36" belts and hated having to go from 4th gear all the way back to reverse to get around in small areas. From what I have read the quick 36 would be better for you. Hope it helps

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The Scag belt drive unit is very reliable we have two of them.....never had them slip. I meant that the Scag is a much heavier built machine and will last a very long time if maintained.

6. bstroman

bstroman LawnSite Member

anyone running a superfox how do that perform. I do not want electric start tying to keep it simple.