Quick 36 vs New Hustler WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mak2, Dec 10, 2005.

1. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I am very close to buying a WB. I have never owned one before and I have only been in buisness since August. I like Quick 36's story and for the money I am leaning that way, but I also am so impressed with my hustler z I am afraid to buy anything else but hustler. For the money and the quality, what would you guys do? I will pay cash so I dont care about finanacing deals, but sales and better deals between now and spring I will take into consideration. Just looking for ideas and planning my buisness next year.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

If you have a dealer and a brand you are very happy with, why change? And by giving your business to that dealer now, will only make your relationship with them stronger and will pay off in the future when you need fast service, just my .02

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Just remember. If you buy a Hustler belt-drive walkbehind, it is not really a Hustler. It is one of the cheap Encore machines painted Hustler Yellow.

4. mak2

I was considering a Trimstar, I did not know Encore made any Hustlers. Thanks for the tip. And MCWlandscaping, that is why I am asking, thanks for the info.

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Yes, the new "Hustler" belt drive machines are rebadged Encores. I was really surprised Hustler would want there name on the type of machines Encore builds.

6. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

to me all belt drive's are very similar. I have an encore 48" belt drive thats a 1992 and it still runs strong.

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I like my quick 36 a lot. If you are really comfortable with your dealer, I would help him out, and he should help you. but I really love the single hydro design a lot better than a belt drive.

8. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

mak2,

The Quick 36 mowers are a great value. They're much easier to use than any of the belt drive mowers (yielding higher productivity with less stress on the operator) and provide a lightweight, compact machine that delivers a great quality of cut.

For the price of most dual-hydros, you could own two Super Dutys with baggers!

I'll admit that for more complicated machines such as zero-turn riders, dealers play an important role. Mowers like that require support. But walk-behinds are very simple, straightforward machines that virtually anyone can work on. We've had near-zero problems in the field that were "beyond the abilities" of the owner (and the few times we did, we solved those too).

With Better, service parts are a few clicks away, 24/7. With either UPS or FedEx, parts to Indy are two days away and at prices that don't reflect a huge mark-up. And, just FWIW, your purchases over the internet aren't subject to sales tax, which is a nice 7-8 % git! (I'm sure our legislators are lying awake at night trying to figure out how to tax the net!)

Please consider joining our merry band! We'll do our best to make sure that you're happy with your purchase.

toll-free 866-290-7295.

Thanks,

Gary
    Better/

9. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's just for miscellaneous nooks and crannies on relatively flat lots, almost anything will do, including a 21" mower. If you have a substantial amount of slope work in mind, a dual hydro machine offers a huge performance benefit over a belt-drive or single-hydro mower. If I'm not mistaken, the Quick is a single-hydro.

What do you want the walk to do? I'm not inclined to say much until I have some idea of what is prompting you to think about this purchase in the first place.

10. mak2

I have a hustler 60 ZTR and already have a yard that is difficlut to do with the z becasue of size, and one with a steep slope. I plan to advertise like crazy this winter, I guess I am just looking for versitility. I also have a 21".