Quick 36 vs.Quick 44 - If you've used both please chime in.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exact Rototilling, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

We all know gate width is the deciding factor which to buy however I have other questions:

On 1/2 acre to 1 acre lots what is the speed difference in mowing with step saver "sulky" or not?

Tip speed on Q44 is 1,600 rpm faster - does this make a noticeable difference on cutting, bagging or mulching performance?

I have concerns about the 44 cutting deck being wider with mowing sloped swells and the increased possibility of scalping since it's not a floating deck?

Any other notable differences, pros & cons please speak up.

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope you get some answers. I have been thinking about a quick 36 or 44 for next spring. I can't decide which to get. I am thinking of driving to their factory to look before I buy and get some questions answered by their staff. Also to try both mowers out.

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I'm also trying to figure out when the best time to buy is before the 2008 price increase. :confused: I really haven't followed the pricing over last summer and fall. For tax reasons I believe I'm far better off buying it in the 2008 because I will show excessive losses for 2007.

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

IMHO...These are the best built mowers you can get for the $$$...Single hydro ....but built to last forever ! I have over 200 hours on one and all I have changed is a belt ...I would say go to the factory if you can and if not ..call Gary and have him answer your questions. As far as scalping ..it's never been an issue for me and the 44 has anti-scalp wheels on the deck...I use the step saver and there is not a diffrence between walking and riding so long as you have some open space. The new step saver folds up if you need to walk ..over all for the $$$ these mowers are GOLD and the customer support you will get is SECOND TO NONE !! ..PM me if you have any specific questions.