Quick 36" WB!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by littleandy12, Oct 10, 2007.

1. littleandy12

littleandy12 LawnSite Member

I am heading into my 3rd year of business and have been using a 60" Turf Tracer and a 21" WB to service all of my accounts. I am considering buying a smaller 36" WB as I have been turning down some lawns as I cannot fit my 60" TT on them. I am looking for any feedback on what 36" WB I should get as I keep hearing that the quick 36wb is the way to go.

Some questions I have about the Q36 is how easy is it to adjust the deck height? Is it a fixed deck or floating? How small of gates have you guys been able to fit the mower into? Quality of cut? Manuvarability? Any problems that these mowers have that you have encountered?

Also does anyone know if it is possible to fit a 60" lazer, 60" TT and a Q36" onto a 14' by 6.5' trailer. Is this possible or should I get a 16' trailer? Thanks.:cool2:

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Lots of options. Quick36 is fixed deck. Width depends on whether or not you bag. I don't have one. The reason for that is that its top speed is only 5mph. That's scarcely faster than a 21" Proline from Toro!!

How much will you use it? It sounds like it would be sporadic at best. Thus, you could probably use a belt-drive without any noticeable tiring. If you go belt drive, Toro's T-Bar system is fantastic. Solid mower. Fits through a 38" gate opening.

On the other hand, if it's not going to make a lot of money for you, cheaper might be better - which is definitely the Quick36. (Plus takes less room on the trailer.)

You might also consider looking for a used one on Ebay or the likes. Save a ton of money and still get a perfectly reliable machine.

3. littleandy12

littleandy12 LawnSite Member

I already have 5 lawns that I could use a 36" WB vs a 21" so it already makes sense for me to switch. Plus I have 4 other clients that want me to take on their lawns but I havent given them a price yet due to the fact that my 60" wont fit on their lawns. So I would probably be putting it on the trailer at least 2 days a week. Is this enough to justify spending the 2k for a Q36? and if so what quick should I get the fox, the heavy duty or the samuri? Thoughts on these mowers?:weightlifter:

4. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have news for you... 5mph is about as fast as a human can comfortably walk. Get on a treadmill and try it. If you were busting butt at that pace you would be looking for a sulky. ;) Belt drives typically only bust out 6mph. The productivity on the q36 vs a 21 is huge.

-TAZ

5. Skeelow

Skeelow LawnSite Member

Go with the Samurai if you can afford it. It's not much more and you get 16 horsepower Kawisaki engine.

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

This isn't news for me. And my Toro goes 6.2mph (well, actually I just modified it and it is now running nearly 8mph) - and I walked it in 5th for years. Besides, what's wrong with a sulky? I've done it both ways and I'll never go without a sulky again.

7. TAZ

from Ohio

Fixed Deck. Ease of height depends on how often. If you are changing heights mid route from stop to stop it's not that easy. If you are just changing it as the season dictates it's easy. There are two bolts on the back of the deck that you need to loosen and then slide the deck to the desired position and tighten back up. Then you tip the mower back and pull a pin on each caster, remove it place the spacers in the desired position based on where you set the rear and slide them back in and replace the pin.

I never really measured all of them but I know it goes through a standard 36 easily. It's so short and light you can get it through allot of times by going in diagonally then picking the rear up and getting that through... (tough to explain)

This is where this little guy shines. Outstanding in both areas here.

Nothing major.

-TAZ

8. whoopassonthebluegrass

As for value, if you've got the business then go for it. It's worth it b/c the mower will only wear out in relation to frequency of use. You'll get your money's worth out of it, no doubt about it.

As for model differences, I don't own one so I can't say. One observation, however, is that the motor horsepower seems a bit low on the cheaper models. But perhaps at 5mph and with 3 blades that is all that is needed...

9. TAZ

from Ohio

I have the super fox. I just put the struts and bigger tires on it. I don't think you can go wrong with Super Duty of Samuri. The Kaw engine is more powerful and claimed more reliable in the long run.

I like mine but should have gone the super duty route at the minimum.

-TAZ

10. TAZ

from Ohio

Nothing wrong with a sulky. I was commenting on your comparing the difference to a 21" toro where that is not exactly an option...lol apples to apples ... walk vs walk. If your going to ride that is a different story.

-TAZ