1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick 36 with AG tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MV Property Care, Apr 19, 2008.

1. MV Property Care

MV Property Care LawnSite Member

I have a property this year that nobody can finish so I thought I would give it a try. It is a Retail property that has some pretty steep hills. Since my quick 36 is a single hydro it takes some upper body strength to go side to side. The best decision I made was to put AG tires on. It will crawl straight up hills and mowing at an angle is pretty easy to.

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen ag tires on Bob-Cat Z's before. Some guys in sw Virginia near me run them. They have a lot of steep hills up there. They don't rip the ground like you'd expect. Tony
  3. laird006

laird006 LawnSite Member

I've got a bad boy lightning and I've honestly been thinking about some ag tires cause it looses traction often. I'm beginning to think it might tear turf less with them do to it not slipping.
  4. JustCut

JustCut LawnSite Member

Where did you get the chute blocker?
  5. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

How much does a set of those tires run and where can one get them? Thats not a bad idea
  6. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

That is the Quick mulch plate.
  7. MV Property Care

MV Property Care LawnSite Member

They are Carlise tires. It Was $98.00 for two tires install on my rims and my originals returned. Not a bad deal I thought. I got them at a local tire shop. But Carlise are well known. Probably get them at any mower shop and or tire shop.
  8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you mowed across the hill it would look nicer and probably would not have needed any different tires. I have done holding ponds just like that with our 32" Scag belt drive unit.
  10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

That is a good idea concerning the AG tires, thanks !!