Quick 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Landscaping, Oct 19, 2005.

1. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I am closing in on a Quick 36, however, the trans setup has me concerned.
    It is a single pump hydro....... is there any other machines set up like this?
    Is this a midpoint between a belt drive and a dual hydro setup... or worse?

As of now..... It's between Quick 36 or a Bradley/Redhawk unit. The height adjustment on the Redhawk is a sore point..... I have to be able to adjust height w/o a hassle.

That Quick super duty will be hard to pass up at $2100 pre order show price!

What are my other options not to exceed $2500

BTW... it's for small (5-7000sq) lots and ditches.
  2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

much better than a belt drive. doesn't wear you out like one. I would go with the super duty, as the 13hp quick 36 has a lot of vibration (the engine is known for it). I belive they solved it with the ELS engine.

the other setup that is like this, is the ferris hydro cut 36", but it is heavier than the quick, not to mention more expensive (msrp is $2700).

the single pump idea is used on most of the upper end lawn tractors (like the JD garden tractors), so this hydro is under very little load, compared to what it is designed for. in short, this is not a new concept, just it is one of the few that is on a walkbehind. you can take a look at the component that is used at www.tufftorq.com I think it is the K46 model, but I am not completely sure.
  3. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I figured the transaxle was lifted from garden tractor parts box....... but the application is very different with the constant tight turns.....I'm questioning the ability of the differential to deal with that.

I'm assuming the brakes are used to get steering action?

How do thes handle compared to a dual hydro unit? (turns)
  4. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

We just returned from the Louisville EXPO and must have done 3-400 demonstrations of the Quick 36 during the show.

Folks are always amazed at how easily our machine turns. Cutting 200 pounds off the weight and 20" of the length of a conventional 36" walk-behind works wonders. Belt drives aren't even in the game anymore... it's an antiquated way of building a mower.

We'd love to sell you a new Quick 36, but if you decide otherwise, that's cool too. There are a lot of good American mower manufacturers out there.

Chinese mowers are for Chinese landscapers. :p

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I couldn't agree more.

BTW TC, that first number in the Ferris SD-36 price should be a 3 as in MSRP of $3799.
  6. docta

docta LawnSite Member

I had the same concerns about how the mower would turn until I actually received my Super Duty and tried it. This mower turns very easily. The true reverse also gives you a ton of manueverabilty. You won't be disappointed with this mower.
  7. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Just figured out that the quick is a fixed deck, right.

Was pretty much sold on one, but with not ever owning a wb yet, and need to change the hight at least 2 times a day I am now not to sure. How does the cut compare to that of a floating deck.
  8. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Mr. Mow-It-All

Height change is a breeze. One guy can easily do it my himself (bit easier w/2). Change spacers in front casters, machine is light enough to tilt up by your lonsome if needed. Loosen to 2 nuts on for rear height, to change, press down on deck or lift up, and re-tighten, your good to go. No sweat.

Who needs a floating deck on a 36"? Cut quality is excellent.

9. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

next question, would it have an issue with pulling my big butt (6'0 265) around on a proslide or its own step saver?

10. anothertractor

anothertractor LawnSite Member

Good question. I am about the same dimensions and have thought about buying one.