1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

quick 36

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Matts lawn care, Oct 2, 2006.

what do you have?

1. super fox

5 vote(s)
  2. MK. 11

2 vote(s)
  3. Super Dudy

11 vote(s)
  4. Samurai

21 vote(s)
  5. going to get one soon

34 vote(s)
  1. Rax

Rax LawnSite Member

Just picked up my Samurai today.
    Too bad I have to wait 4 months before I get to use it!
    It's gonna drive me nuts.
    Every time I called BOP with stupid questions they were VERY helpful and you actually get to speak with a human after 1 or 2 rings!
  2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

What a coincidence! I just picked up my Samurai today as well. Did you go get it or was it shipped? I did cut my own yard when I got home and it was very impressive. With the warm snap we're having, I know I'll put 4-5 hours on it next week before Christmas as well.
  3. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

I have 350 hours on my super duty. Only had to clean carb and replace battery. Just be careful and make sure the knobs are tight on the straut bars b.c they may fall off.
  4. Rax

Rax LawnSite Member

I wish I was close enough to go pick it up in person, 'cause I would've saved $100. Up here in Pittsburgh, the grass isn't growing enough to cut...even with the warm spell, so consider yourself lucky. I'll tell you what, getting the shipping container opened was soooooooo frustrating, but well worth the effort. I don't know if you've ever put together kid's toys these days, but it was just about as frustrating as removing all those litter wire ties that hold the toys in place so they don't move around in transit.
  5. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

I lost a knob the first week I had my Samurai. I called Gary at BOP to get another one and he sent me a new one free. You can not beat there customer service. I have been running gators with the mulch plate for leaves. The results are awesome. Using the Samurai and my Walker has made this Leaf season a lot easier
  6. ranger351w

ranger351w LawnSite Member

I ordered a new super duty last week while the free shipping was on. Anxious to get it in the grass. probably about middle of April here in IA.
    The reason I bought it is all the positive input on quality and warranty on this web site. Later

7. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Good luck with it. Did you order any extras with it? (bagger, mulch kit)
  8. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

im planning on getting a samauri with the mulching kit this summer possibly
  9. ranger351w

ranger351w LawnSite Member

I also ordered the landscaper package. I didn't get the Samuari because after calling the plant they told me that the 13hp. would do a great job and that I realy didn't need the extra power. So I ordered the 14.5 Super duty as I am not 25 anymore and probably needed elec. start. Hope you get the Samurari you want. Let me know how you like it.

10. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Can we see some pictures of the Q-36 and the lawn it cut? Thanks.