Quick 36

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BMurray, Jan 13, 2008.

1. BMurray

BMurray LawnSite Member

I've been researching this forum and I have seen some very good reviews of this product. Do you feel it is worth the extra $200 to upgrade to the 44 inch? Also, I'm just starting so do you think I should go the Quick 36 or 44 route or buy a used piece of machinery? Also, how much time approximately would you think a .5 to .7 acre lot would take to mow, assuming about half is front yard and half is backyard with relavtively few obstacles?

Thanks
    Brian

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

The size depends on weather or not you will be cutting lawns with gated backyards. I just bought a Q36 as my starter mower and for the price you will pay for a used wb you could buy a new Q36. If you go to quick36.com you can calculate the cut times for various size lawns.:weightlifter:

3. BMurray

BMurray LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help Big C.

Brian

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I would recommend a Quick 36 !!

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

7. BMurray

BMurray LawnSite Member

Thanks a lot for the input everyone. I think I will go with the 36 inch

8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a good used commercial w/b like a scag or exmark. A single hydro on a w/b is crazy since you have to physically turn it. Why not get a gear driven w/b? It propells itself forwards and reverse and you just squeze the handle to turn it. Don't get me wrong I thought about one of those w/ the kawi on it but for less then 1/2 of the cost I was able to get an exmark 36" metro with less then 100 hours on it.

9. BMurray

BMurray LawnSite Member

Okay I really did want to start with a used piece, but where did you find a deal like that? I've thought about calling area lawn mowers and trying to buy tehir old equipment but otherwise I'm sure where to go. Anyway to decrease my overhead would be helpful.

Thanks
    Brian

10. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Another one...Have you ever used a single hydro ?? If you had you would never compre it to a gear driven wb...Glad you got a great deal on your exmark..just don't knock the equipment that you do not have any experience operating..IMHO