Quick 44 backorder?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jdlawn, Apr 10, 2007.

1. jdlawn

jdlawn LawnSite Member
    from MO

Has anyone heard anything about how the Quick 44s aren't going to be ready until early may?

2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I WAS going to order one the first week in Feb. I called and they said it would not ship til the 1st or 2nd week of April. They were not sure when and could not tell me a date so I went elsewere.

3. jdlawn

jdlawn LawnSite Member
    from MO

d&r
    what lawn mower did you get?

4. d&rlawncare

I went with a Lesco 48" hydro WB. I am just a very small part timer that MIGHT put 8 hours a week on this machine.

5. jdlawn

jdlawn LawnSite Member
    from MO

if you don't mind me asking, why were you going to get the Quick 44 from Better? I am just asking cause i can get that mower or there is another one i am looking at.

6. cadzilla500

cadzilla500 LawnSite Member

Ours is backordered too. Last I heard it is supossed to be here mid April, but who knows. My quick 36 is doing great, but we need the 44 now. It's already making our job harder only having one walkbehind. Hope they get them delivered soon.

7. d&rlawncare

I was going with Quick 44 from Better because of the price and costumer service. I have never bought from them but they recieve very high reviews on this site.

8. jdlawn

jdlawn LawnSite Member
    from MO

hey cadzilla
    i am in the same spot you are. i need another walk behind now too. i am pretty sure that i am going with the quick 44. i have a question for you if you don't mind me asking. how do you like your Quick 36? Is it build strong? and have you had any problems with it? Having that info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, i am going to order mine soon, and i hope yours gets there asap!

9. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We run the Quick 36 Super Duty's very hard on 32-38 lawns per day with absolutely no problems. We do however, perform proper regular service on the machine as with all of our mowers, as you should as well.

We are a very high volume, with rapid load/unload of equipment type company. We've been using these machines two years now and I assure you they hold up.

As for the 44, it's not something we could ever use due to our gate size here, but I'd love to try one out just for fun.

Best wishes!

10. cadzilla500

cadzilla500 LawnSite Member

We bought the Quick 36 Samurai, and I can't complain. It is a well built mower, and cuts excellent. I just wish they would fix whatever is holding up the production of the 44's, and ship the darn things. We may have to get a refund and buy something else, we paid for it back in February. Oh well.