Quick 44 in back of a full size truck.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JohnnyCuts, Feb 9, 2008.

1. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I've seen a couple people with Quick 36 setups in the back of an S-10/Ranger and am wondering if anyone runs a 44 in the back of a full size and how it works.

Thanks for all responses

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Measure the width, between your wheel wells, and get your answer...

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

4. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Most full size trucks will fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood between the fenders, so a 44", with the chute up, should fit.

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

The Quick 44 is actually about 49 inches wide with the chute up !!

6. RAW

RAW LawnSite Member
    from NC

We carry 1-Quick 44 and 1-Quick 36 in our full size, 8 foot bed Chevys.

7. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

How about a pic of that? Sounds like a great and cheap way to do without the trailer.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

It should fit no problem at all. Just make sure to secure it good and if your using wooden ramps (homemade), do your self a favor and spend the extra $20 and get the end kit or fab something up yourself. I ran wooden planks with out the ends initially and once I got the ends put on, it made the job a lot easier.

9. msryan

msryan LawnSite Member

I just picked up a 44" Toro Proline. I brought it back home in the back of my truck. Truck is a 2500HD with 6.5 foot bed. Fit width wise with room to spare. I used a set of aluminum ATV ramps and it was simple to load and unload. Hope this helps.

10. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I knew it would work "in theory" because as someone said earlier I've never seen any full size truck that couldn't fit a sheet of plywood between the wheels and the 44 is supposed to be 47" wide. This seemed like the most effecient "non-trailer" setup and I wanted to see if anyone is actually using it in practice. A pic from RAW would really be cool. Thanks for all the quick responses guys.