1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick 44 Ninja Hour Meter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tip184, Jun 6, 2008.

1. tip184

tip184 LawnSite Member

I want to put an hour meter on my Ninja. Tommy at BOP recommended the Tiny Tach TT226NR-1C; I suppose I should go with that.

Any guidance from Quick Kawai 15 owners? Is this a meter than anyone has used successfully on the Ninja?

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's the same one that BOP has on the Samurai's ....get it ...they work perfect all the time.
  3. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

It's not, but get it anyway. The one on the Samurai runs from the mower's battery and advances whether or not the engine is running as long as the ignition switch is turned on. In fact, if removed from the mower and connected to a 12-volt battery or a battery charger, it will advance 24 hours every day. The Tiny Tack has its own internal battery and also a lead that wraps around one of the spark-plug cables, and when the engine is running, the electrical pulses to the spark plug cause the Tiny Tack meter to advance using the power in its internal battery.