1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick 44...Worth the wait!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec, May 18, 2007.

1. brucec

brucec LawnSite Senior Member

Got mine going today, and all I have to say is wow! Awesome quality of cut, more power than anyone would ever need (The 16 hp Kaw is overkill, and sometimes overkill is good!), All around one of the best mowers I have ever used! And as far as BOP, wait aside, they could not have been better to work with! Had a problem with shipping and after one phone call it was delivered to my home with no extra charge. I don't know if we are so used to getting crappy service when dealing with some companies that when someone like Better comes along and treats you right you feel they are going above and beyond, or are they treating you like ALL companies should. Make sense? Everyone I talked to there bent over backwards to help, and believe me if even thought I wasn't being treated right I would have asked for a refund. The fact that they were so great to deal with is the ONLY reason I stuck with them through the deck delay. I was a little aprehensive sending 3 grand to a company I have never heard of before, let alone buying a machine sight unseen but I'm happy I did. Gary, awesome machine, now how about a 52"?
  2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

When did you order? When did you recieve?
  3. brucec

Ordered it Feb. 28 to get in on the free shipping, got it May 17, it was still worth the wait.
  4. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

WOW- Glad I did not wait. I was going to order mine around the same time. I called and talked to them. They could not tell me for sure when it would be here. So I had to go elsewere. I only hear good stuff about BOP and Gary. I hope they keep up the good work.
  5. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I ordered mine Apri 30th. I'm told by Gary that mine should be/was built this week. I suspect I'll get it sometime next week. I know he's building/shipping on a first in/first out basis. I would bet if you ordered now it would only be a few days wait. Call or email BOP, I'm sure they'll tell you. They're really nice.
  6. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I was thinking about setting one to mulch with. Are any of you mulching with one. I have some pain in the butt lawns that a 60" mulcher just doesn't work on very well. I'm seriously considering the Quick 36 or 44. How is it on the wrist ? Easy to operate ?
  7. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Man thats awesome to hear REAL reviews on the 44!! I tell ya what...I wouldn't trade my Quick 36 for another 36 walkbehind out there. Im glad to hear the 44's are running great too.
  8. thebeans

thebeans LawnSite Member
    from SW, VA

According to Gary as of a couple of days ago they are building them and filling orders now and there is about a 2 week backlog I believe he said. I think he said they should be caught up soon and able to ship as soon as they are ordered.
  9. brucec

I was kinda' worried at first about the wrists and then I found the closer you are to the handle bars the better it feels and easier it is. I also raised the bars to the higher setting, I'm 6'3" so they were a little low at first. I found after about an hour of getting used to it I was wipping it around in a 180 with little effort, when I first got going I found myself trying to man handle it. With more practice I'm confident I'll get better at it. I got the gators and mulch kit but haven't tried them yet, I'll let you know. Although with the high lifts my yard has never looked so good, cut quality is incredible, and the stripes are awesome!