quick 44

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dubblet125, Oct 18, 2006.

1. dubblet125

dubblet125 LawnSite Member

did anyone see in the new turf magazine there is a section of what is new for 2007 and there is a 44" from better. what do you guy think about this?

2. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

i dont own one but ive used one and the 36'' is awesome so if i think that is good i think the 44'' will be 100% better the only downside is the single hydro which means you have to turn it manually. and the upside to the single hydro is that it does not divot when you turn. otherwise it is an excellent machine

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I swear by my Samurai and BOP....The 44 is going to be a great machine and as far as single hydro goes....these are light mowers..they turn VERY EASILY...watch the video on the website......you will not second guess your purchase of a BOP. They are great people who provide even better customer service.

4. Mr Budget

Mr Budget LawnSite Member

Look at all the posts just before yours yesterday

5. bahamamills

bahamamills LawnSite Member

I was seriously considering getting one of the 44" can you explain the turning. What concerned me with the abover statement saying that it would have to be turned manually. This sounds like it would be tough mow with speed and also on the step saver.

Have they even started shipping yet?

6. BUCKEYE MOWING

Yes it's only a single hydro ...But it's easier to turn than a regular 22 push mower ....you still have a hydro to assist the turn . The mower weighs in at less than 350. It's really light compared to other brands and like I have said before IMHO ...BOP is the best company you can find to work with.

7. EngineeredLawns

EngineeredLawns LawnSite Member

I stopped by there place when I was going thru Winston Salem NC, to see how easy it was to turn. I was amazed at how easy it was to turn. They are also very compact and that would make cutting in tight areas very easy. In all, I was very impressed with the mower.

8. BUCKEYE MOWING

How was your visit to BOP ??? Did you see the new warehouse ?

9. bahamamills

bahamamills LawnSite Member

Thanks,

So if your mowing with the step saving to you have to stop, dismount and then turn?

10. BUCKEYE MOWING

NO ....I fly around on mine ...If you do get in a tight spot ..like you can on any sulky ...yes , you jump off spin it around and off you go again . But I can get into and out of some real tight spots on mine now that I have hours of practice