1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Quick 44

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greg1, May 31, 2007.

1. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

OK, I've read and absorbed all i could find on the Quick 36. I like what I hear from the contributers on this site, and i have a good feeling about BOP's desire to supply a quality product at a more reasonable price and back it up with needed assistance. I could get by fine with the 36" samurai, but the
    Quick 44 would make my life a little easier. I know there new this year, but has anyone taken the 44" out for a run yet. I am going to order within a week & would appreciate any feedback.
    Thank's, Greg :usflag:

2. EngineeredLawns

EngineeredLawns LawnSite Member

I have not seen the 44, but have run the Quick 36. The 36 is an great machine.

3. irishsoul

irishsoul LawnSite Member
    from georgia

The fact that the 44 comes from the same place as the 36 is enough for me. I can't see Gary at Better putting anything out before he's tested it and is himself satisfied with the quality. I run the 36 with pleasure and opted for it because of gates. when I see the need I won't hesitate for a second to order the 44.

4. thebeans

thebeans LawnSite Member
    from SW, VA

What the others said plus the 44 is the same design as the 36 so it stands to reason that it will be just as good.

5. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

Same parts, bigger deck..go for it! Good luck!

6. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

ORDER IT !!!! You will love the mower and the company behind it....call Gary at BOP and see what kind of a person your dealing with....You will not want to deal with anyone else after ..IMHO

7. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont have one...would LOVE to try it out! Its made by Better...nuff said. Id buy anything they put out.

8. Roy D. Mercer

Roy D. Mercer LawnSite Member

I just purchased the Q44. I went from a 21” Honda HRX217 to this and have never really owned a mower this size so I can’t really compare it to anything. Still learning how to keep my turning from messing up my lines. This thing is easy to operate. I have only cut the lawn twice with it but So far I really like it. It did not take long at all to set it up. From the time the truck dropped it off and wheeled it into my garage, I had it running in less than a half hour. The Kawasaki sounds like a Harley when it is idling; it’s awesome.

The only complaint at this point is changing the cut height. Unless you’re a big, big man, you can’t do it yourself. So far I have only been able to get the rear up to 3.5” and that took me 3 or more hours by myself. Other than that I love this machine. I have had a lot of questions and concerns. Gary has answered all of them. I called one time with more questions and some other guy that answered the phone was super helpful too. I don’t know if anyone is still reading this thread but if I see anyone in here I will update the more I use the machine. Thanx BOP!

9. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

You must be doing something wrong that it takes that long to change heights....It's takes a few tries to understand how to do it quickly ..but if you tip the mower back put something under that front deck drop the castors and move the spacers to your desired height and reasemble ..then put the castor wheels back on the ground and loosen the deck bolt on both sides and pull it up or push it down to your desired height ...sholud be a breeze....IMHO...but it does take a few tries to get used to it.

10. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

Buckeye is right try adjusting the deck a few times. Start to finish it will take 5 minutes or less.