Quick 44"

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Shaun13, May 29, 2008.

1. Shaun13

Shaun13 LawnSite Member

Anybody use one of these? Can't afford a Z and for the price with the hydro seems like its hard to beat. Any other ideas on others around the same price range.

2. Interceptor

Interceptor LawnSite Member

3. MnGreen

MnGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'm seriously considering a 44" myself with a step saver.
    I'm convinced the unit is a good one.
    The "service" issue is still a concern as to getting anyone to touch them.
    The only issue I see is on a 44" the wear and stress that handle mount will take.
    Seems to be a little light duty for the way it looks to be set up.
    I suppose a little weldin mod could be done to toughen it up.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

shaun - I have the Quick 36 Ninja. Not the 44 but can speak for BOP's quality. I am very happy with my machine, good bang for the buck. EXCELLENT striping either mulching or side discharge. Single hydro handling is pretty easy once you mow a few yards and get used to throwing your body weight a bit to steer. 15 HP Kaw engine has plenty of power, rarely bogs even in 5 inch grass. Mulches very well in 3-4 inch grass, deck plugs a bit in higher wet, juicy grass but this is more a nature of the conditions.

If you purch. one of these, wait for a promotion from BOP, they offer every now and then.

5. Shaun13

Shaun13 LawnSite Member

Thanks DA, they've got free freight right now, what other promo's do they offer?

6. bryant lawn & landscape

bryant lawn & landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Shaun - In case you're interested, I've got a quick 44 with only 10 hours I'd like to sell. I had planned on adding another crew this year, and it didn't happen. So I've used the 44 on a few lawns, but not enough to justify keeping it. All I need is my Quick 36. I've got the mower, mulch plate, step saver, and an extra set of new blades. I'll crate, and ship the mower to the terminal closest to you for $3000. This saves about 700 bucks. I had planned on posting this offer next week, but you heard it here first. PM me, or call if you're interested. (901) 406-8316 Bryant

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

shaun - if this is a 44 samurai per below, not a bad deal!

The free freight promo offered now is a good one...they have also offered a free service parts/engine parts pack in the past. Promos don't happen super often, so take advantage unless you hear about a deal like below. Remember though, no warranty with 2nd hand purchase....

8. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not knocking people with BOP mowers but I wouldn't touch a Quick with a 10 foot pole. Main reason is the dealer support, but they are also hard to maneuver due to only being a single hydro.

If they were really that good of a brand there would be dealers wanting to carry them. Even the other less popular (but still great) brands (Everride, Bad Boy, Lesco) have some kind of dealer network. And Bad Boy just started selling at TSC. If no dealer wants to sell a Quick mower, then I wouldn't buy their product.

9. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Let's start with the fact that they are not sold by dealers..so the price stays down....

Dealer support is WAY overrated IMHO....The machines are built to last with quality parts that ANY DEALER can fix....and to top it off if ....if you have a problem...you call BOP and they work with you to solve the issue till its fixed.

Ask any QUICK owner on here....

Sorry to rant, but the correct information needs to be spread not the opinions of people who have never even touched a BOP product.

10. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

BOP supports is awesome. I had a problem with my grass cather and emailed them Wednesday night and they sent me out a brand new one Thursday morning. They even paid for return freight on the old bag. Can't be that. I have the 32 Samuri and the more I use it, the easier it gets to use. Cuts awesome, even on wet grass. It's my first commercial mower, but I think it would be hard to beat for the price.