Quick Advertising Tip Discovered by chance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rbljack, Nov 29, 2012.

1. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

After finishing one of my customers today in a residential neighborhood, I drove up a different street getting back to the main road before heading back to the house. This street was 2 streets over from the one I normally use.

As I was headed up the street, a lady stopped to ask me about my lawn care prices, and asked for an estimate because she saw my sign on the side of my trailer.

After finishing the estimate, it got me to thinking. Its wise to alter your route a bit from time to time, and work your way up and down different residential areas on the way to your next client, or headed back to the house, or headed to the store. Even if she hadnt flagged me down, people will see the sign on the side of your truck or trailer and maybe call, or refer your number to someone else that may call.

Im not saying you need to drive up and down every street, just change it up a bit each time so you are getting some visiblity on different streets in the neighborhoods.

So the quick tip is....alter your route a bit from time to time, to pick up new customers that seeing you out there.
  2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep...I do it all the time.
  3. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

I put my sticker on my ole lady's car. She drives EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME. someones bound to see it.
  4. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a great idea! You never know whose looking.
  5. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

There exist other very good reasons why it is a good idea to alter one's route.
  6. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Putting a sticker on the old ladies car may cause me to loose customers she drives like a bat out of hell. Haha did put it on my dads truck though he is in construction and his company does a lot of office remodels. Lots of people in and out of those lots