Quick answer to another stupid question please...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SprinklerGuy, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Thanks for looking, please chime in.

I have narrowed my limited used mower choices down to two of them....

1 - Lesco Belt drive 36" with "200-300" hours on it..... $870.00

2- Exmark Viking dual hydro 32" with "couple of hundred" hours on it.....$1800.00 Exmark comes with a sulky.

All of these are local, within 60 miles to pick up.

I don't have the money for either of them...but I can find it.

I only have 2 accounts right now..but I'm quite sure I will have more as the season progresses....I am probably 2 weeks away from aerating and 3-4 weeks away from beginning my mowing. 4-7 k square foot turf areas.

Or should I purchase a brand new quick 36 super duty.
    Or should I just get a 21" for now....and hope for other used equipment deals.

Thanks guys...I promise this is the last time I will beat this dead horse.

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Since you only have 2 accounts at the moment, I would buy whatever you can best afford now. Good deals on mowers come up all the time.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would personally go with a hydro. I bought belts when I first started out and it was a horrible mistake. Ya, sure I saved money up front, but in the long run I lost a lot of productivity

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Can't see buying one yet with only 2 accounts unless they ae really big properties. Save up some money and get the best mower you can.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

If you can afford the exmark I would get it. They dont make a 32 hydro anymore, and it will last you a very long time.

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

if you can swing it get the hydro, 32" will get you into almost anywhere you need to go, pllus its a great machine.

7. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

32 hydro will get through the gates and you probly wont have to buy the 21

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'd say to get the Lesco because you'd save a lot of money and I can't see buying an $1800 mower when you only have 2 accojnts even if your planning on getting more.

9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I would buy at least a 32 or 36 if you are serious about doing this and picking up some accounts. If you are mowing lots of any size you'll go nowhere with a 21".

10. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

7000 sq ft is not alot. Buy a 36 belt drive. When you get bigger, go buy a 48" or 52". You'll probably have to buy the 36 new. I haven't seen too many for sale used.