1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick blade question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oneEXMARKfan, Mar 9, 2001.

1. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

This is my first post, so be kind :). I did try to "search" but I wasn't having any luck (wasn't really sure what to search for (in this case). I do believeing in supporting my local Exmark dealer, but items like blades seem to be alot cheaper "on line". I can find blades all day long for Exmarks with 5/8" center holes, but as far as I know, mine takes .630 (off hand I don't know how much difference that is...been a long day) I mean the part #'s they show in my manual are different than all the one's I see on line(except the 323515.....and I'm trying to get something alittle more heavy duty than those) Did the center hole sizes change with the maint. free spindles? [did see alot of previous post on places to order on line.....but still haven't seen 1 that has my blades where I'm able to "add to cart" ....Hope these questions arent too stupid. [Exmark Metro HP 48"...16.25"] Thanks all!
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Welcome to Lawnsite ExmarkFan. No questions here are dumb ones. You might want to click on the link at the top left of the front page and post your question there.
    It is turfmfg.com and an Exmark representive will be better suited to answer your question about sizing.
  3. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Yeah, have posted to there to Exmark, but hate to keep asking questions (actually did email Exmark about 10 days ago, asking about it, but no reply as of yet)
  4. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

(Figured there would be alot of people with the same mower as mine, and give me some info.)
  5. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

5/8" = .625

Look for a Sliver Streak dealer. You will find blades to be so much less expensive and the quality just as good as the originals.

For your Exmark:

91-313 16 1/4" 5/8 $5.70 High Lift

91-368 same same $6.67 Mulcher

60" Dixie Chopper:

91-506 20 1/2" 5/8 $6.96 High Lift

90-924 same same $7.58 Gator

90-724 same same $8.95 Gator Magnum
  6. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Thanks SO MUCH Likestomow....(I wonder why some places that list blade types (sizes) list them as 5/8" and .630 (made me think they were a different size..oopz)
  7. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

(Embarrased.....Just reread your post better (5/8"= .625) Time to get glasses
  8. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

Yes Exmark did change the center hole size. I had to find this out the hard way. Make sure you get the right size center hole.
  9. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Mid Rivers, do you have a good place to buy blades? Or do you just got to the dealer?
  10. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

For some reason my dealer never has blades in stock for my mower. I have a Lazer 52" with the 5/8 center hole. Kind of a peeve with me that he never has the new blades, but he has the old 1/2 center hole blades.

What I've done is buy the old style blades and just drill out the center hole to 5/8. If he doesn't have the new blades this year, I'm going to start ordering them online and eliminate him.