1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

quick blow out question?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by kotajack, Nov 1, 2005.

1. kotajack

kotajack LawnSite Member
    from Mass

OK, in the past I have used a large tow behind compressor maybe a 185. The rental company screwed up the reservation and we ended up using a small tow behind maybe a 85. I did two larger sysetms with long pipe runs today and I was not happy with the results. The compressor did seem to blow all the water out but the heads did not pop up all the way, some did and some didn't. I went through some zones twice to be sure. Should I be worried or will they be ok? I don't really want to do them again but I will If I have to, what would you guys do? Each one took me two hours.
  2. kotajack

kotajack LawnSite Member
    from Mass

sorry didnt mean to post it twice
  3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If you open a valve with a good charge of air, and you don't see any water at all coming from the heads, you probably got it all. If you are working on a main line system, you can manually open the main line, and use it as an 'air reservoir' and get an extra push each time you open a zone.