quick books guys

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grass disaster, May 18, 2005.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

ok, i have the quick books start up addition. i went to do an invoice and to me i really don't like the layout.

i can't seem to get the tax to show up on the bottom of the invoice. also not really sure where to put the dates and description of lawn work accomplished.

maybe someone could scan a copy of the way their invoice looks for me. that would be much appreciated.thanks

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

You can design your own invoices on there to suit your needs.

3. grass disaster

you sure i can do this on the start up addition. that would be great because i would like a collumn for a date.

it's going to take me a little getting used to this whole billing system.

4. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

I think you are referring to the sales tax being the next thing printed in the field after your input. If this is it, I to tried to move it but I never figured it out. Let me know if this is what you are referring to.

5. grass disaster

yes that's what i mean , i want a total then a total with the tax.

i would like a collumn for the date too. how do you specify your dates and the job to you put it all in the description part?

6. packerbacker

I think you can do that on any of them

7. packerbacker

Go into your help index and type in "customizing forms". That should get you to where you want to be.

8. grass disaster

that's what i was looking for. i'll have to take a look at that when i get home.

9. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

ok bare with me go to your invoice select customize in the upper right corner then go to edit then layout design to move the colums to your liking.

10. grass disaster

but will i be able to add a date column?