1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Quick books is $399 WOW !

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by blk90s13, Mar 21, 2012.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

I started doing business last year did well enough to still be around I guess, did every thing with the pen and paper man what a nightmare that was :rolleyes:

So I decided to buy or look into quick books or any other program to help keep track of bills customers info invoicing etc

What do you guys use ? whats the cons and pros ? do I really need the PRO version ?

2. FLC2000

FLC2000 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Qb and paid around 130 for it on Amazon.

3. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what I get for shopping at the local Staples ( I didn't buy it yet ) but what version are you using ? I found the quick pro online as cheap as $185 so far and the search continues

4. FLC2000

FLC2000 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im using pro 2012

5. jgrs7

jgrs7 LawnSite Member

i was thinking about buying this too.. anything has to be great compared to pen and paper

6. islandwide

islandwide LawnSite Member

For $39/mo I get QB 2012 Premier, automated off-site backup, QB Connect (web-based access to your QB data. Basically it's web-based QB) and QB Mobile. Frankly, the mobile app is weak but i can view client data, create invoices and estimates. No way to capture expenses, though. I also use Act! and some sync program that allows it to share data w/QB. All in all, this whole setup works fairly well.

But now I'm eying this new service called Service Autopilot. Anyone ever hear of it?

Brian Myers

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Im running pro 09

8. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Freshbooks.com. Cloud based invoicing, light bookkeeping. About $40 a month- I love it.

9. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Quickbooks online pay 35 a month and get the mobile app. Can do estimates invoices look up customer info all while standing in thier front yard. I really like it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. GreenerSide

GreenerSide LawnSite Member

Quickbooks Premier is $399.

Quickbooks Pro is around $200 (can be found cheaper).

There is no need for premier. All you need to get is the pro version. This is the version everyone runs.