Quick books noob question.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Vikings, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Do you have to buy a new quick books every year or what?

I bought it last year but never really used it but our GST tax has gone down from 7 to 6% and now I see qiuck books 2007 all over and fairly cheap and since one of my new years resolution is to track money better..

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

You don't need to buy a new copy. I'am still using quickbooks 2000. You can change the tax rates. If you use it for payroll you will need to keep it updated.

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

nope. But if you have employees, it does have changes made for payroll. From what I have heard, the 2007 edition made quite a bit of changes.

4. Vikings

from canada

Would you guys know if I can merge adobe Image ready to billing info in quick books?

Right now I use excel (comma separated) to hold the billing information. I don't like the look of the bills that you can make in word or in quickbooks.

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I don't recall seeing that. W/ QB, you can either use their own forms or redesign them to your specifications.

6. Vikings

from canada

Yeah I seen thier generic forms, same as in word. I used the word ones for years (got sick of them) now I make my own in illustrator. I put pictures of santa clause and wreaths on my latest bills, lol.
    You should have seen how many customers sent me back christmas cards. :)

It's all about lining things up, if you have your bill in Image Ready and do a merge you can line up your info Exactly and it, the info and the bill, get printed together. It looks like a seamless document.