Quick Books Online

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Something D, May 3, 2005.

1. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Does anyone use QuickBooks Online editition? I have QB Pro right now and am thinking about going with the online version.

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Why, is there more advantages to it?
    Does it offer more than quickbooks pro?

I think that you will pay by the month for these kinds of services.

3. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

You will pay by the month. I have been using it for exactly 30 days now, my trial ends today. I will, without a doubt continue using it. I love it. Here's the difference:

You can access it anytime, anywhere, as long as you have an internet hookup. I work a day job (for now). If a customer calls while I am here, I can pull up QB online, and enter the customer's info in the system. Then when I get off, I go cut grass. When I am done cutting, I go home, log into the same QB on a different computer, and invoice my customers and receive their payments. Very convenient.

BUT, if you will never, ever, ever be using more than one single computer, I would say NO. Get the actual software, and install it (I think you said you already have it). If you have the need to use multiple outlets, use the online version. I will pay a little more in the long run, but it's very convenient for me.

Also a great idea if you cut all day, but like to go to say, a coffee shop for lunch that has computers. You can bill your customers from there, and take care of other business, thus decreasing the amount of time you spend on it at home at night.

4. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

greeneakers.....

Can you still use custom templates (invoices, statements, etc)?

5. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

Yes, but not with "Simple Start Online", which is the one that I will be paying for. I have been using a higher level version for the last 20 days (that accepts customer templates), and don't really need the extras it offers right now.

Which brings up another nice benefit: If you need to upgrade or downgrade what you have, you don't have to run out and buy a different version. You can as often as you would want to. When my company outgrows what Simple Start will do, I just upgrade for a few dollars more per month.