1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

quick books pro 99

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Nitroman, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Does anybody who uses this know how to get to a calender setting where you can log what you do each day? It does'nt even have to be a calender just as long as I can keep a tap on the days I mow certain accounts.

I've picked up at least one new resi. a day for the past six days payup
  2. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

I use a PDA, very handy and useful.
  3. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

We track manhours for each job we do using QB PRO. In the employee section click on weekly timesheets and fill out accordingly. You can record customer, date, time it took, service done, what crew, etc...
  4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

not exactly sure what your asking but as far as biling customer we ussually will just go into creat invoices and open an invoice with the customer who is recieving the service and then we just do the same for the rest of the customers that were serviced that week....then when next week rolls around the customers allready have open invoices for that month and we just add that weeks mowing to there invoice. then at the last week of the month we simple print out the invoices and send them away.

QB is a very simple service that pays off in loads.
  5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

What kind of program do you use on your PDA for this?
  6. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

It's the program that comes with it. The model is a Handspring Visor Platnium. It's probally out of date now but still serves its purpose. You'll have a calendar and address book in all of them and they will be compatible with your PC.
    I'll make quick notes in the PDA while onsite and hot sync to the PC when back home. Then I schedule for the next appt.
    Sometimes I'll take the time to set alarms and dates in my cell phone too. This works for me, at least for now. I collect on site or ask them to leave the dough under the mat.
    I'm also small time compared to others on this site.

Oh yea, you also have a memo pad, and in the address book you can add notes about customers such as names of children, yard issues, vacation times etc.