Quick books template

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Acutabovelawncare, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Acutabovelawncare

Acutabovelawncare LawnSite Member

I was just wondering if anyone has a good template for a lawn care business. Ive read that quick books is a good program but i cant really figure it out. What is the best way to have things setup on there. Any info will help. thanx

2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Which version of QB are you using. Most people use the cash basis. Set up is usually not that bad. Moving through the menus is the problem. Your question doesn't give much info.

3. Acutabovelawncare

I have the premier edition. Is that a good one. Someone gave it to me, I believe it 2003

4. Littleriver1

Premier edition is the one to use. What part is giving you trouble?

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Do the interview setup.

6. Acutabovelawncare

can you give me some good ideas on how to use this.... what template to use and anything else that would be helpful to me

7. Littleriver1

Ok I'm going to guess . You want to set up your invoices. First set up your customer list. on the menu click customer and drop down to customer list and open it, then right click, go down to new and click again. Go back to menu (customer) go down to create invoice and open. At top center look for "customize". open it and do your thing and set as defult. If you need more help PM me.

8. cyesjuls

cyesjuls LawnSite Member

Are you looking for a chart of accounts (COA)? I asked at http://quickbooksusers.com Here's the response I got: "You should have a sample company-service with your QB. As a matter of fact this sample co. is a Landscaping business." :D

I don't know if this is the case as I haven't even installed QB yet! I plan to install this weekend. Hubby runs company near Knoxville, TN...and I'm the "lucky" accountant.

Regardless, I'd love to see a sample COA from a landscaping company BEFORE I do anything!

FWIW,
    Julie

9. Littleriver1

When you go through the interview set up, it covers all this. You can add to chart of acounts and set sub accounts. Like mower, the subs would be Gas and parts. I keep my gas for the mower separate so I know how much I'm spending. Same with truck parts and gass. You are over thinking the process. It's not as bad as you think.