quick books

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by fatguy28, Dec 18, 2010.

1. fatguy28

fatguy28 LawnSite Member

i just started to mess with Q.B. how do i erase invoices that i just made up

2. benjaminesh

benjaminesh LawnSite Member

Go back to create invoces, click back in the upper left corner and erase all the data you entered in.

3. Quickbooks is about the least user friendly software I have ever used. I wish I hadn't purchased it.

4. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

right click body of invoice and hit "void"

5. probably because you haven't learned to use it, I have used it for years and still learn new things on it.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Open invoice and in upper left of the menu bar click delete invoice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. That should tell you something. Why are the features so hard to figure out? I find it funny that the company that makes Quickbooks is called "Intuit" but, there is nothing intuitive about this software. What makes software good is when it makes a difficult tax easy. Furthermore, I would expect a more polished product for $100. I was embarrassed to give a customer one of those basic looking invoices. My wife makes a much more professional looking invoice with Microsoft Word in a minute.

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I agree...........Gave up after wasting 4 weeks of time messing with it. Its designed more for one time on the spot sales.

9. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

I Had to actually go get "quickbooks for dummies" and it helped a lot. Now I use Gopher for everything for the mowing portion of my business and link/crossover it all to quickbooks. I hate to do invoicing out of quickbooks, I know it can be done easier but dam, Gopher is just way too easy to invoice out of and then sync it for the accountant to quickbooks.

10. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I've used quickbooks now for 2 seasons and have no problems with it yet. I don't need to do too much with it, so I haven't gone through the whole program yet. One of these days I really want to explore the program more and find out all what it can do for me.

Its pretty easy to navigate through, I think.