Quick Connectors

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Okiebug003, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Okiebug003

Okiebug003 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some of these connectors for my demo kit. I bought a vista demo kit about year ago, and you connect everything with these connectors. I want to expand my demo to more fixtures so I need to get some more of these connectors. They say Q-tee on the side but I could not find anyplace that sold them. thanks

HPIM0690.jpg

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Did you try contacting Vista? I am sure they would send you out a bunch.

3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Or you can contact cast as well. They use the same thing. What about radio shack, or a local electric supply house?

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I posted info on it a while back.

Look through the threads on demo kits.

It's a NAPA Auto Parts part number. And I bet I posted it his past July.

Don't feel like going through bins in the garage right now.

EDIT(found it):

Got a private message asking about the 2 pole trailer connector , so I thought I'd answer it where anyone interested could see...

It's Napa part #755-1598. They call it a " 2-flat electrical connector loop -12" "

Cut it in half and you have two 6" M x F ends that you can attach to your fixture leads or lengths of cable (I used NS quarter ace connectors).

They're a perfect fit with the Vista demo kit connectors.​

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  5. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

definitely Napa part, get a few every year for my sanders

6. Okiebug003

Okiebug003 LawnSite Member

Can you get them with 12 gauge wire? Looking to add a couple of longer runs to my set up.

7. cudaclan

cudaclan LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

8. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are Amphenol .180 bullet connectors. You will most likely find trailer/automotive wire harnesses in the retail market using thermoplastic insulation. I wouldn't waste time on cheap crap from auto part stores, since they use all imported stuff from China.

These are standard clearance/marker connector cables used on tractor trailers. High quality OEM parts made in USA. Truck-Lite makes them- Part No: 50356. (top of photo) They are available in twelve-inch increments from 12" to 276'!

Now if they are molded with PVC landscape lighting cable, it is a custom in-house part on behalf of the manufacturer. You might want to contact them directly.

50356-hr.jpg

9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Mine from NAPA are a perfect fit with the Vista connectors and have worked flawlessly for the 14 months I've been using them.

10. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    It has been a while since I have been on the forum, but I found a box of miscellaneous items after my move. I have about 50 NAPA quick connectors that I purchased after reading this thread, that I don't need anymore.

They are NAPA part number 755-1598 and according to this thread, are said to be a perfect fit to the Vista connectors.

If you are building your own demo kit or adding on, these connectors are perfect.

I will sell them for $1.50 each. I called NAPA and they are $2.50 there. I would like to sell at least 10 at a time preferably. I thought I would offer them to you guys before I throw them on Ebay.

Hope your season is going well.