quick couplers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by T Scapes, Aug 25, 2010.

1. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know how much is would cost for a quick coupler and all the lines and stuff for a Cat 321 and 328
  2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

www.machinerytrader.com and look under attachments. Pretty sure a 328 would have 330 size pins and a 321 would have 320 sized pins so the couplers would work on more then one size machine. JRB makes a good coupler , or cat couplers as well.
  3. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

I'm pretty sure the 328 uses a 325/9 boom to keep it from being tippy.
  4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The couplers themselves can be $4-5K, then you have all the plumbing and labor to get it running which would probably be pushing $8-10K.
  5. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Very good possibility that they do, but are the pin sizes for the bucket not the same?
  6. Jim385

Jim385 LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

The bucket pins on a 328 are the same as a 325/329 bucket pin. That being said, it weights almost as much as a 330/336. So, go figure, lol.

On the original question, I know just to pipe a 345 for aux. (hammer) lines is in the neighborhood of $14K. While a 321/328 is smaller and the quick coupler lines are smaller as well, you still have to tie into the pump, the cab (switch) and all those safety check valves too. I think $10k is probably a safe estimate. Might be easier/cheaper to buy a machine with one already fitted.