1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick Dual Hydro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tip184, May 30, 2008.

1. tip184

tip184 LawnSite Member

I was checking out the BOP Accessories page for stuff for my new 44 Ninja and I saw their Gel Hand Grips - look cool! But at the bottom of the description it says this:

All right - whats a Dually-Series Mower? Is this a hint of things to come? Should I have waited a month or so before buying?
  2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

good point - makes one wonder. Been rumors of a dual hydro drive from BOP for some time.

No regrets here on buying my Sam 36 :clapping:
  3. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

Too late. I just got myself a new TTHP 36" and a bigger hole in my pocket but got tired of waiting.
  4. Exact Rototilling

I wonder if it will be a control system similar to the Toro dual hydro drives. An added super duper mulch kit like Toro's WB has would be icing on the cake.
  5. grassgirl4

grassgirl4 LawnSite Member

BOP needs an aftermarket independent brake system for their single-hydro units. My dad and I talked to them about one last fall but so far nothing :( I love my 36 Samurai as well, but it sure would help if I had an assist when maneuvering on varying terrain!!

Gary, any sort of add-on in the works to create a dual-hydro effect??

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Those grips look sweet .... Kinda looks like hints...read the part in there about the new glass pack batteries
  7. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I don't get it...

They develop and sell gel grips as an add-on instead of just using them as standard. The grips are a well documented issue with the Quick. Put that issue to bed by making them standard.

Same is true for the Premium Briggs Muffler. $60 add-on? The price difference between a Q44 B&S and a Kawa is only $100. If the sound bothers you don't buy the junk Intek and get the Kawa for only $40 more. I wish BOP would drop the Intek and use a real B&S engine like the Vangaurd. Heck, the Intek ELS they used a few years back was slightly better than the Intek they use now.
  8. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

They could also use the TuffTorq K66 (light-duty garden tractor) instead of the K46 (bottom-end). You can get the K66 with diff. lock. That would alleviate peoples concerns about difficult cross-slope usage. Problem is the K66 is a significantly better tranny and you pay for it! It's way overkill for the Quick. Could be a good project for someone to try out.
  9. Exact Rototilling

Point well taken on the grips - I glued mine on with 4 min JB weld.

I think the standard deluxe grips would go a long way. :)
  10. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

yes theyve had a dual hydro wb in the works for a year in a half now or more. and i put bicycle grips on my q36. that soft foam just aint cuttin it. gary has a really good product at a really good price and better support than anyone else. but like all of us, theres still room for improvement. give em a few years and theyll be dominating the wb market. if you got any ideas for gary on possible improvements.... run them by him and help him out.