quick hitch & harley rake

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MowingisMaddness, Feb 16, 2005.

1. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 43HP kubota compact tractor with a Jeffers 3 pt hitch quick attach. I am looking to buy a harley rake and was wondering if it will work with the quick hitch? Anyone using a compact w/ a harley and a quick hitch?

Thanks, aj

2. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Don't have a harley rake, so not sure if it will fit or not.

But was wondering how your quick hitch works for you? Save alot of time hooking up to other attachments? Do you have a pitch of it?

Can you adjust your quick hitch? If you can i would think that you would be able to hook up to the harley rake.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I use the landpride quick hitch. The top hook is adjustable (2 pins) It doe's mate with 95% of our implements, both pto and pull!

4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

We've got a quick hitch on our JD 4300, it works well and saves a LOT of hassles. Only problem is the top hook doesn't slip into place on several attachments due to braces that are installed. That's easy to overcome though: get out the smoke wrench and cut out the obstruction. If the bracing is needed, weld a new one across the top. We had to cut out the brace on the pulverizer we have, still need to do it to the tiller, but the landscape rake works well.

As long as you can easily adjust the top point from the seat, you'll probably be fine.

Dan

5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I like that smoke wrench line,that's beautiful!! If i could borrow that from you i woul'd gladly lend you PACK IT UP!!!

6. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

jreiff,

A quick hitch can definitely save you time. It allows one man to change and hook up attachments by himself. The tricky part is adjusting or modifying your attachments so they are ready to accept the quick hitch with just a drop and go method. Of course for a pto driven attachment, the operator will still have to get off the tractor and hook it up. My modifications to attachments has been minimal to this point... like moving a brace or pins. The biggest modification has been for my tiller... the pto drive shaft had to be lengthened a little... hope this helps

aj

ps the picture was taken before I had the pto shaft lengthened...so it is just hanging straight down...

QuickHitch1.jpg

7. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Looks like the quick hitch could really savea guy alot of time from switching 3 pt attachments back and forth. Alot of headaches of trying to line the attachment up just right with out it.

I am going to have to look into getting one. Looks like it could help me out.

What brand is your? How much does it weight? How much did it cost you?

Thanks for your help..

8. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

The one he has looks pretty much like the one we bought from our JD dealer. I think it cost around $225, but it's definately paid for itself a couple of times in just 2 years.

We have yet to modify our tiller, it's a Caroni like the one pictured above. It needs to have a cross brace notched out on the top link, and the lower links need to be moved. Unlike MM, the PTO shaft on ours is plenty long, almost to the point where you can't get it on the tractor PTO without the quick hitch on it.:)

Dan