Quick Maintenance Contract Question.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by shovelracer, Feb 11, 2008.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

On my residential maintenance contracts I have the terms and conditions on the reverse side of the contract. It states 3 times twice in bold on the front to refer to the back for the terms, conditions, explanations. I have the signature on the front with the services. Question is do I need a signature on the back as well? A signature on the front alone OK? Or an initial on the front and signature on the back. As always people dont read what they sign so I cant be 100% that they will read these terms. What is the best way to do this so I am protected if it goes down? Thanks

2. big acres

big acres LawnSite Member

Add this above the signature line...

"By signing this agreement I hereby agree to the terms and conditions set forth on page 2"

... then, just add page numbers.

3. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

You can have an initial signing of the back to confirm they looked. After that, its up to them if they read it.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you may wanna stop using the back side,

as you know when making a copy, this makes for a PITA

5. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

Include a block on the front for them to initial that says: "By initialing here, I confirm that I have read, understand and agree to the terms on page 2 of this form."

6. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

It is no more so then adding a second page that the customer can conveniently loose and say they never got it. I like the idea of using the back and do so for my contracts. Having them initial the back page in a specified location or on the front referencing the back gives evidence to there reading and agreeing to the terms. I also do this on specific line item issues within the agreement, to double ensure there approval of critical agreement terms such as liability... IMO. I have them sign an original and they get a second copy for there records. That way, I do not have to copy the form in the field.

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Have them initial and date it. Anything really important you want to make sure of.

Why not just make the contract two pages and have them sign after the ENTIRE document.

I dunno, between three different mortgages and livings wills I've NEVER seen a double sided page.:confused: