Quick or Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Patriots, May 9, 2006.

1. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Down to 2 mowers on the list, A Quick 36 SD Kawi, or A 40'' Gear Drive fixed deck Toro T-Bar and 15hp Kawi recoil. Toro after tax will be about $400.00 more than the Quick. What is making the decision tuff is the comments about Quick that I have read on here, as well as the instant reverse and electric start. Toro is well Toro you know what you are buying. Any comments will help.

Thanks.

2. Matt S

Matt S LawnSite Member

My Toro dealer will give me a loaner if my WB ever needs repairs...

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

better is a great company though...

4. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Damn Matt - you have got one helluva dealer, I've spent a ****load of cash at my local dealer and have never once been offered a loaner.

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I haven't used a quick, but i'm loving my toro.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know much about Toro but I would get it over the Quick if the Quick is a single hydro. The single hydro just are hard on slopes/hills and tight turns.

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

you cant beat a toro tbar! get it you will be glad you did

8. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

I have read some good things about the t-bar belt on slopes - how true are they?

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Have YOU used a Quick with the single hydro are are you just ASSUMING :confused: ......oh wait, I know you haven't used one or you would know that is NOT TRUE with the Quick 36.

10. You didn't hear it from me. I've had a "T" bar gear 36 for a couple of seasons. I use it for mowing ditches mostly, and for the occasional itty bitty front lawn. I'm pretty much a Toro fan, but i'm wishing I'd bought something else. On a really steep slope like a ditch I have to press forward with one hand while pulling back with the other trying to brake that wheel a little. It pivots in the middle so one hand is prying against the other! Yeah I've tried adjusting the brake and belt engagements closer together. They're so close now the brakes drag unless I'm applying a little pressure to the T bar. Plus it 's a bear to move without the engine pulling it because of the dragging brakes. It makes it tough to turn on the ends too because I have to push on the T bar a little to stop the brake dragging while trying to pull that one wheel back to line up for the next pass. It stinks! My old pistol grip mower was much better. I should have bought a hydro.
    Dave