Quick Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by larryinalabama, Jul 18, 2008.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im thinking of buying a Quick 36 or 44. Ive herd in some threds that they can be hard to turn around and that the decks are hard to adjust, is that true?

I have a Giant vac brush mower thats hydro and it can be a tank to handle, Im hoping that is just the nature of a brush mower.
  2. JustCut

JustCut LawnSite Member

I've bought a 36 Samurai earlier this year and at first found it difficult to turn, HOWEVER, in all fairness to the mower it was me trying to man handle it that was the problem:hammerhead:. Once I learned how to let the mower do the work my problem was solved.:clapping:
  3. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Their not like a floating deck for sure. The front is no problem at all, the rear is a bit of a PITA. Depends how often you want to change the height.

I had a 44" and it was a bear. I've heard the 36" are easier due to the less weight.
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Once you learn to throw your weight and not manhandle the machine, the Quick is not too tough to turn. I have found that deck height adjustment is just a bit difficult, those back bolts are tough to turn loose and you have to use a 2x4 to pry the deck to the right height in the rear. Front caster adjusment is easy.

If you are worried about the steering, look into the new Quick Dually:)
  5. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Turning is no problem. It's the side slopes that stink.
  6. larryinalabama

Quick has a duel hydro?

freedm2 what happens on slopes?
  7. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Picture pushing a full grocery cart sideways across a slope. The front will want to fall downhill. Same thing with the quick. The quick has an open differential that makes it easy to turn but also makes the front end want to drift downhill when going across a slope.

One gentle slopes its not an issue. The steeper they are the more effort it takes to keep it tracking straight. If you have a flat yard the quick is perfect!

The Dual hydro prevents this issue. Just apply more power to the downhill hydro unit to keep it straight.

The quick does great on slopes if you go up/down only. I used mine on some serious slopes and it was great.
  8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

You are aware that they're unrolling a dual-hydro unit next month, right?
  9. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, its not available yet, but theres pictures of it on this site. Should be able to purchase them in August sometime.
  10. larryinalabama