1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick pH tester

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MATTHEW, Nov 3, 2001.

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I heard about a small device that when placed in the soil will give an accurate pH reading within minutes. Does anyone know where these are sold?
  2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Dochere

Dochere LawnSite Member

Also found some cheaper ones at: http://www.toolland.com/
    Type test into the search area. Had a few differant testers including PH, moisture, and one time use multiple test kits.
  4. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

After reading this post I ched lowes yesterday.
    They have several testers available. Some cheap some a little more not sure how acurate they are though.

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Let's hear some responses out there. Which of these things do you all have-what works best. The $4.95 one - the picture is rather vague. Is it a box full of litmus papers with a plastic holder?
    Gempler's has one that gets a quick pH reading AND a fertilizer analyzer for $25.00. (with no mixing needed) This one might be what I want.
  6. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I have one I paid $11:00 for, does not really work well, I have used one of the nice $100.00+ types they were ckd with Lab equip. and found to be right on,,,,Mine was compared with lab equip. it was consistently .5 off high and low
  7. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

northern tool has three that will check ph mouisture light nitrogen potash fert levels phosphorus acid and alkaline from10.00 to25.00 bucks