Quick Price Check Question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Dstosh, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I have a quick price check question. I Looked at a job this weekend. A guy in a fairly nice neighborhood just got a inground pool put in. Some topsoil
    (60 yds) needs to be brought in(I wont be in charge of doing this), moved arround with the tractor and seeded and then straw. The seed and straw will cost me about $300 bucks. I will have to laborers on site with me. There will be a huge pita factor because the guy wants to be home to "help/watch" That kind of deal. I have a ball park figure in mind I just want some others opionins.

Thanks

2. mvp services

mvp services LawnSite Member
    from Avon,CT

I usually get $150 to $200 for man and machine per hour and then $35 per hour per man on a project like that. I then add a 30% profit margin over all.

3. Dstosh

I figured 10 Hrs. So that comes to about $3,500 Using that math^

4. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Uhh, at $10/hour its $350, not $3500

5. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

yeah just to use man and machine (large tractor) i second $150 to $200, with two helpers you should be able to get it done in a day..... say 6 hours to spread with tractor $1200, plus labor 35 a man two men 5 hours to spread grass seed
    $1600 bucks sounds good $1400 would probably be the minimum

6. Dstosh

Thanks for the info. I called the guy yestereday and He was a little sticker shocked. I told him I would re tool with cheeper seed and no straw. I was thinking to the tune of $1500.

7. Grasscutter07

Grasscutter07 LawnSite Member

might sound stupid but I am new what is "pita"

8. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Pain
    In
    The
    A .... neck.