Quick Pro!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grasshopperslc, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grasshopperslc

grasshopperslc LawnSite Member

I remember when we were going to spray for weeds on this very nice lawn and someone suggested that Quick Pro would work,and this is the first time we used it (NOT GOOD). We knew that a suggestive weed killer would work like 2-4-D,but this person said Quick Pro was fine. So we go over and apply the stuff,and in a couple of days the guy calls and says that half the lawn is brown. So we go over and take a look and Aaaahhhhhh!!!! :eek: It killed off half of the 1acre tall fescue lawn. We felt a heavy feeling in are stomach's just then. So we got to work,sense we ruined his lawn we would cut for free until it was back to normal,it was $50 a week. So it took 400lbs of K-31tall fescue and allot of watering :dizzy: . Now it's back to normal or maybe even better!! :D So the lesson learned was,read the instructions even if someone says it's OK,and DO NOT use Quick Pro on a lawn. :nono: :drinkup:
  2. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

well duh. did you not know what quick pro was?
  3. grasshopperslc

No I did't,this is when we first started!!We'v used other weed killers that would not harm grass at the time,this was the first time we herd of Quick pro. Now it's pretty hard to believe that some one would suggest this for a lawn!! That was around three years ago,when we first started.If you think about it,did you know what Quick Pro was the first month in??

Thanks for the conversation!!. :laugh: :D
  4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

uh, yea, I did. it's ROUNDUP.............

also did you not read the label??????
    sounds line you most certinally don't have pestacide liscense. It's applicators like you that don't read labels and instructions that hurt our industry.........
  5. grasshopperslc

Sorry bud.I am a member of the PLCAA as a matter of fact.In this business ya' make mistake's and you learn from them,like in every other business. It was a foolish act on my part not to read the entire booklet,and I should have know in the first place. :jester:

Sorry to all the dudes that think the
    same as that guy.:rolleyes:
  6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

did you really expect to post " i sprayed roundup on grass and it killed it.... can you believe that????"

and not get some smart aleck comments....

and by the way, being a member of placaa doesn't mean squat except that your membership check did not bounce. It doesn't mean that you know what you're doing...

also reading the label is the most basic thing you do when spraying....
  7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Does round up really kill grass ??????

:D :D :D LMAO

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Yep where quick pro goes , nothing grows payup
  10. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Except moss - can someone tell me why all glyphosate products seem to promote moss growth. It's a common after effect here and when I called Monsanto, they played dumb about it. I understand that nature abhors a vacuum, but why moss??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.