Quick question about Peltors.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matthew horner, Jul 17, 2004.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

First, they are great.

Only prob, they got the volume set so you can't get it very high.

Has anyone ever altered this. I know it can be done, just wanted to get some advice before I break into them.
    Matt

2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

That should not be a problem. There may be something wrong with them. Check your batterys. YOU MAY BE GOING DEAF!

3. digg

digg LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

if you don't mind me asking but whats a peltor?

5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Its headphones that block out 22db of sound and then are also a radio. I have noticed this to and am thinking about attempting to mod but I dont know how it could interfere with the on/off since its incorporated with the volume.

6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the elvex brand ones.. they seem to get loud enough.I dont want all the noise blocked out because its good to hear if you hit something or if your machine is acting up.

7. matthew horner

Thanks to those who bypassed my intelligence. I asked for advice on the mod, not for someone to read the box to me.
    Matt

8. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Myine work great. When the batteries are getting low the volume goes way down.

9. matthew horner

digg, your very first post, and you cut and past my entire start for this post. Come on man, get with it. Nobody needs to read that twice. Just advise if you can about the alteration. If you can't go read something else.

Matt

10. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

If you can't get it loud enough, check out RadioShack's AM/FM Stereo Headset (#12-932) at $49. Digital tuning, 20 station memory, extended bass option and external audio jack. Even when mowing, I don't have to go beyond about 3/4 of max volume. Two AA batteries last me about 20 hours (when I can keep them away from my son).