quick question for bobcat owners??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Dec 14, 2007.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what is the diffrence between K,HF,G machines??

2. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

G and K are series; that is, the G series is the last major series of machines, and the K is the current series for the last couple years.

HF should be "High Flow"

3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

K-series came out last year with SmartFan, a hydraulic, variable-speed cooling fan, more lift height on the large frame vertical-lift machines (S250, S300, S330), and bigger drive chains (#120 instead of #100).

4. P.Services

so what machine has the sjc controls? do they all have it as a option? im trying to look on machinerytrader.com for a machine with sjc but its hard to know if they dont list it.

5. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get sjc as an option on most of the machines they make now. Its been out for a couple years; you can probably get more precise info from bobcat.com

Of course, if you are looking at a specific used machine, just ask the seller if it has sjc. That's the easiest way to find out, I would guess. I don't think there are a lot of used ones out for sale with it right now, so if it doesn't mention sjc in the ad, it probably doesn't have it.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

If you see one advertise that says "pilots" it is likely SJC. Now it is not pilot as you probably know but for some reason the misnoemer has stuck.

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'd actually call up Bobcat and harass them for advertising this control system as "pilot" controls, that simply is not true.

8. P.Services

so i have had my heart set on a ct332. until i really sat down and asked myself why i need the biggest strongest machine. i really only need that power 10% of the time when i need to hug some serious dirt or more importantly to lift big big boulders, big b&b trees, and heavy pallets. the rest of the time a small machine would work just fine. so what should i do hold out and drop 35k-40k on a ct332 (500hr or less) get a older ct332 for 25K (1800hr) or should i just get a used (1500hr-2000hr) t190 for around 15k to be cheap. now the catch is i really need a mini excavator also to be productive and do the work right. so if i were to get a cheap use t190 i could also afford to buy a used 430zhs excavator. the package i really want is the ct332 and a 50zts but where talkin 80 grand on that so at best i would get the skid but have to wait at least two or three years to get the exc. once i have payed the loan down a bit.one last thing, im tired of working on equipment so a low hr 332 would be nice because i know it will run and run without any major repairs yet i might get into some problems with a 2000hr t190. to buy a low hr t190 just wont do it because i dont save enough over a ct332 to justify it.
    let me hear what you guys think on this matter. thanks for the wisdom!!

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Get the T190 and a mini excavator, you hit the nail on the head with the Deere and only needing that power 10% of the time, I thought that same way too and ended up with a very smooth, quiet and reliable Cat 247 and I won't regret it.

A Deere/Hitachi excavator will work and walk circles around any Bobcat excavator, I know, I run an EX 27 and everyone who ran it says they like it better than Bobcat.

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Any dedicated tracked machine with higher hours would cause me some concern. It is not only what you can see (undercarriage wear) but also the drive motors.

I would try and work a deal that would get you a mini ex and a skid steer/CTL. If you need a mini ex there is no sense in waiting three years to get one.

If you like Deere skid steers you may try to find a 320 or 325 used then put a VTS system on it. This would allow you to update the machine and keep the VTS. The Deere machines don't resale real well and you might be able to capitalize on that. In Sept a Deere 328 with 684 hours with cab and heat sold for 18K on Iron Planet. Find a deal like that and even if you paid full retail on the VTS you are still ahead. That would save you enough money to find a good used mini. I would likely by pass the BC mini but that is my opinion.

Regardless I would problably try and get two used machines rather than one new one and wait three years for the next piece of equipment.