quick question for truck loader owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Oct 24, 2004.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

If you are doing a leaf cleanup on a property where the city would come by and suck up the leaves at the curb, would you still suck them up and haul off or would you just leave them for the city to get? I've always sucked them and hauled them off becuase it seems more professional and like doing the job all the way, leaving a very clean place for the customer. But, with my puny vac it would sure make things a lot faster and cheaper to leave them at the curb for the city, and most of the customers wouldn't care either. Just don't look as professional to me.
    Let me know your opinion.
    Thanks,
    Eric

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

if you are sucking them for free i say leave them. cant do work for free.

3. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My thoughts exactly. I don't have a vac setup, as you do, but I do offer to haul the leaves away. I give two prices one for leaving the leaves onsite (on-site dumping or at the curb for municipal pick-up) and another for hauling the leaves away.

4. Tobe Lawn Care

Tobe Lawn Care LawnSite Member

We usually take them w/us when the grass is still growing. Since we are collecting them w/ZTR baggers and the city doesn't like any grass on the curb.

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

When I had one, leave it. It costs time and money to take it to the dump. And if they aren't paying you to do it, why take it?

DLCS likes this.