1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick question. How much for 2acre w/ lots of trees

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by eddings, Feb 27, 2007.

1. eddings

eddings LawnSite Member

I gave an estimate for 2acres with lots of trees. His yard is flat with Bermuda grass, chain link fence around outside edge. Lots of weedeating to do here. I also gave him a quote for the back two acres which have far less trees.

Can you guys give me some input on what you think it would be worth? I think I overbid him, but I want to make sure I don't lose a good account.
  2. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of equipment are you using? How long did you estimate it taking to get done? Do you have to trim around every tree? Every week? These are all things that need to be thought about and given out. before we can quote a price.
  3. eddings

eddings LawnSite Member

I have all commercial equipment(Toro 52"Z and Toro 36" w/b). Two people working on this. I figure 1-1.5hrs or 2hrs for all 4acres. I would want to trim weekly to make it look nice.
  4. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

i would say $300-$500 a week just mowing but i havnt see the place or any thing but that is a good ball park i think
  5. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

just a guess...around $300/weekly...really hard to say without seeing it....depending on how many trees and such...we charge 60 an acre here.