1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick Question, Lil help please

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Creter, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Creter

Creter LawnSite Member

2. Creter

Creter LawnSite Member

Ok, I'm stuck with this one. A rule of thumb would be really helpful. I am thinking of using a gas hedgetrimmer for this work then through into yard wate bags. ANY info would be very helpful, guys.
  3. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What surface is it on? I did some work at a house out in the coutry and their brick patio (a large area) had become coverd in ivy. I ended up using a propane torch like is used to set field fires and other things. Basicly a pipe with a hole in the end of it connected to a propane tank. We burned all the ivy off although i wouldnt recomned this way it worked just fine for what we did and relativly little clean up as for pricing i charged by the hour so charge your hourly rate
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

How about Round Up?
  5. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

round up, its cheaper than an arson conviction
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

you must carry a license to use roundup....i no its stupid, but thats the law, and the fines are very steep
  7. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Like i said i would not recomend that you burn it off but in my instance the customers needed it gone in one day (because of a wedding i know they knew well in advance but put it off till the end) no time to wait on dieing ivy they wanted it gone that day and that is what i gave them and they paid a high price for waiting till the last min.