Quick question on Echo weedwackers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soloscaperman, Mar 18, 2008.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not a fan of echo I love the shin brand but can't afford it and don't know a spot in CT that sells them but is the Echo SRM-210 any good? I have the low end Echo from last year and I never changed the 2 stoke and started in 2 pulls after 4 months pretty good!! It's just a weak wacker. I only have about 10 lawns and this Echo includes a
    5 year warranty!! What do you guys think? Thanks.
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100087111

2. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

I use an SRM 210 and I love it. I don't really put it through any thick brush or anything like that, just mainly 1/2 acre or smaller lots and it has worked like a dream. It still starts on the first pull and has more than enough power for my needs. I think it should many years for you as well based on the low usage you posted.

3. wimpy

wimpy LawnSite Member

SRM-210 is a homeowner trimmer. The cheapest commercial model is SRM-260/1.

4. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

"...is perfect for medium-duty commercial applications."
    -Echo Website

Whatever its classified, works well for me! For 10 lawns a week, it may or may not be worth the extra $$$ for the 260 for soloscaperman. Just my thoughts!

5. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

I would go to Butler Power Equipment. They sell Stihl and Husqvarna. The Husqvarnas are cheaper than the still and are great products.

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is really a light duty trimmer, if you like that then bump up to a more powerful model like mentioned and you will be pleasantly surprised. we run only the top dogs, the 311 series and 340.

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Why don't you pay $40-$50 more and get the SRM-265T?

8. colnc

colnc LawnSite Member

I use the 210. Just bought a new one this week! We service 120 lawns a week and run two of them. For edging we use a stihl stick edger. I find that the 210 for the price is a great trimmer, I don't try to cut down trees with it :), but it more than gets the job done. I maintain my equipment very well and I am getting about 3 seasons out of my trimmers.