Quick question on edging

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Darrin A., Apr 12, 2007.

1. Darrin A.

Darrin A. LawnSite Member

Do you edge the curb near the road on normal jobs, ie. not high end. The jobs in this area will be about $35 -$45 for mow, trim, blow. Is it common to edge the curb at the street if you are edging the rest?

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yes

it sure makes it look nice

3. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

ALWAYS. Curb appeal is the best seller we have have.

4. puddin' pie

puddin' pie LawnSite Member

yes..........

5. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Absolutely. Treat your low end jobs exactly as you would your nice properties. You never know where your next customer is lurking. Furthermore, be proud of your work and make the crappiest yard look the best you can.

6. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

As the rest stated, yes, edging everything that is around the house. Its the little things like that, that people notice! I edge all my clients beds also, as long as there is not to many. I Have one that has over 2k sqft of beds those types I charge a bit more if they want their beds edged.

7. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

Yes, it only take another minute or two anyway.

8. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Do you guys edge it with an actual edger?

Nobody edges here but I have just sent out 30k flyers with Edging advertised anyway, I was hoping to establish the edge with an edger then maintain it with a Edgit. Good idea?

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Most of the time you will only have to do it once a year with a stick edger or wb. After that just use your trimmer.

10. xtrim

xtrim LawnSite Member

If you skip a week w/o edging here in FL... it will look nasty... specially on St. Augustine grass