quick question on Edging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtnzone, May 4, 2008.

1. mtnzone

mtnzone LawnSite Member

Most of my clients like the straight down cut on their edging. Just acquired a new account, and the lady really likes a deep "V" cut on here edging. How would I go about doing that with the Echo PAS 260 system?? (( Attachable components)).

Thank for your help,
    Stephen

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Do you mean sidewalk edging? in that case I really cannot see any easy way of doing that with a stick edger.

3. mtnzone

mtnzone LawnSite Member

thanks raven . Im talking edging gardens, and such. I just dont want to do it by hand

4. Raven386

from CT

gotcha. In that case i still dont see a way to do it with a stick edger and keep it looking even and straight. Im sure its possible, just a bit difficult. I bought a "trenchblade" from the guy on lawnsite. I will let ya know how it works, probably will be using it within the next few days. its just a regular edger blade thats bent at the ends.

5. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I hold mine at an angle to the cement instead of straight vertical.

6. J&J Customs

J&J Customs LawnSite Member

use your trimmer you have an arsonal of angles you can edge at thats one thing my business is known for is the edging jobs

7. Raven386

from CT

using a trimmer to get a new edge on a bed wont work, you cant keep up the edge after its done with a shovel..

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Bed edger.