1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick question: Price for 2ac. w/lots of trees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eddings, Feb 27, 2007.

1. eddings

eddings LawnSite Member

I gave a bid yesterday for a residential 2acre flat terrain lawn. He has many trees and a chain link fence. I have a Toro 52"Z and a Toro 36" w/B. I will have one person helping me. I expect it to take the two of us 1-1.5hrs. He also has another 2 acres with few trees he wants a bid on. I think all of it can be done in 2hrs.

Give me some ballpark figures on this. I think I overbid him but not by much. He didn't seem to like the bid.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

what did you bid?
  3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah what did you bid. If you can do it in 2 hours I'd say $150.
  4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Two mowable acres full of trees and a fence. My guess it will take almost as long to trim everything up as it is to mow it. We have a 40sqft mowable account with lots of trees on the front half of it. We can get in and out in about 30-45 minutes depending on the amount of trimming to be done around the trees. We mow with a 61Z and a 48WB w/platform. We charge 65. We have another acre mowable with lots of trimming and edging due to sidewalks and curbs and we charge 100 per cut. We can get in and out in just under an hour two people. I think the price really varies from job to job.

For 2 acreas mowable...I would think more on the lines of 2 hrs with only a 52 and 36 to work with and two people. I would guess in the vacinity of 200 per cut.
  5. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

All of it in 2 hrs?...the whole 4acres+moving from one job to the next...hmmmm...
    Idon't think you Under bid the job...just remember the art of negotiation...he ...I think made you think that you over bid It...If yaa know what I mean.
  6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

so what happened with this?
  7. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Dont forget to carefully lay a nice long bead of round up along that chain link fence
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

2 man hours for 2 acres...is this a joke? :nono:
  9. eddings

eddings LawnSite Member

If you read carefully I said ALL of it can be done in 2hrs. All 4 acres with many trees and lots of fence.

I did not get the bid, he said last year it was being done for $75. I have many 1/4 acre lots I do for $40. I can easily do 2/hour by myself (including drive time) and come out with $80. I am glad I didn't lower my price to get the bid. I would have hated myself.
  10. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

4 acres in 2 hours with lots of trees? Good luck with that