1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

quick question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Curious Porpoise, Jan 6, 2006.

1. The Curious Porpoise

The Curious Porpoise LawnSite Member

am i correct in thinking that all ZTR's are hydro's and have floating decks?
  2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

No. Dixon has a ztr which is mechanically driven. Most standers are not floating decks and neither are the out front mowers. ZTR stands for zero turning radius. Many mowers fit this description. Even walk behinds.
  3. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think Scag's decks are floating but yea they have hydro for sure.
  4. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats the problem with associating a "type" for a brand. ZTR = zero turning radius. Many mowers fit that description....stand on, walk behind, riders...but people tend to associate ZTR with a sit down hydro-driven mower. I have a Walker mower, which is a ztr type mower. I have a Wright stander, which is a ztr type mower. Its confusing to some people new to the business who now automatically associate ztr with only sit on mowers. Im sure its way to late to change it.

Its like Jacuzzi. That is a brand name, but it has now become associated with all jetted tubs.
    Lots of examples.....Coke....xerox....list goes on.