quick question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TPC, Mar 31, 2000.

1. TPC

TPC LawnSite Member
    from florida

I have a bid on a sod job on sunday and would like to know how many of you remove the sod or if you can spray with a non selective herbacide(roundup)and then scalp it..OR any other methods of replacing.Also if you fertalize before laying sod or after and what blend,,like a 666 or what..I dont know what type of grass it is yet but am guessing bahia,,,THANKS<p>Tim,<br>Clean Cut Lawn Care<br>Brandon FL. <br>

2. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Tim, Use a sod cutter if the area isn't very big. It's a huge time saver and can usually be rented for about 100.00/day. I use a starter fert for sod installs. <br>Chris

3. TPC

TPC LawnSite Member
    from florida

forgot one thing,what do you chage for removal I want to make sure im in line at 2.30 to 2.60 per sq. ft. Thank you<p>Tim

4. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

IS IT ALREADY TO GRADE?IF IT IS YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET A SOD CUTTER AND CUT OUT THE OLD TURF THAT WAY WHAT YOU LAY BACK DOWN WILL BE THE SAME HEIGHTH AT THE CURB,DRIVE,ETC..THE NEW SOD WILL ADD 2&quot;,WHICH MAY BE BETTER FOR YOU IDON'T KNOW. THE ROUND -UP DEAL IS EASIER IF YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT.I DO PUT OUT FERTILIZER BEFORE LAYING THE SOD .(LIGHT APPLICATION)IT WILL DO DAMAGE IF YOUR'E NOT CAREUL ,THOUGH F.D.O.T MAKES THE CONTRACTOR APPLY FERTILIZE BEFORE LAYING SOD ON ROADSIDES. HOPE THIS HELPS,GOOD BIDDING!<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING