quick question......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cz lawn care, Feb 25, 2008.

1. cz lawn care

cz lawn care LawnSite Member

Dose anyone here have customers that only want their lawns done bi-weekly? how would u charge them?

2. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

For me it depends how fast the grass grows. If I think it would normally take a half hour that's about $30.00 when I mow it and it takes me a hour because of tall grass I add 30 more dollars. That's a little exaggerated on time but that's the idea. well thats how we do it around my area

3. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

I have one customer that gets cut bi-weekly. It is my uncle's place. Other than that I won't do bi-weekly cuts.

4. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

yuk...bi-weekly...wouldn't cut them unless you could get some extra $$$ out of them...if it were a $50 lawn...charge $65. UNLESS, you already have a bi-weekly acct, then alternate them with the one you already have, to offset each other on your schedule.

5. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I cut sevral storage facilities bi weekly as well as a couple of senior citizens who are on very fixed incomes. All these accounts are non irrigated and only one of the ladies does any watering at all and this is for her flower beds. I charge the storage facilities pretty good but the senior citizens I wont do that to them. they still are at 20 per cut my only 2 at 20 per cut. To be honest I feel bad sometimes about that. I have been tempted to just cut their's for free you know as a way to give back.

6. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I will do a few bi weekly every year I do charge just a bit more for them like $35-40 on a $30 lawn but I only do them for decent customer not for anyone who is real picky, late pay, or a jerk

7. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

That I can understand NICE WORK :usflag:

8. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge a $25 "trip charge" + $1 per 1,000 sq ft + any misc. fees for weekly customers, for bi-weekly I am charging $25 "trip charge" + $2 per 1000 sq ft.+ any misc. fees.

9. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

I have quite a few bi-monthly (every other week) accounts. They actually give more return for time spent on the property than weekly accounts with both being charged a flat rate per month.

For a small yard, I figure about half of what I would charge for a regular account for weekly mowings, then add about 20-25% more to come up with a figure for every two week mowings. If it is a well irrigated and fertilized St. Augustine yard, I can't do this, but for those who lightly irrigate or Bahia yards, it gives me more return for my time. I can handle a lot more customers and it pays better....Think about it.

Hypothetically, if you are solo and are really good, you can handle 100 accounts per week. If they are all serviced weekly and let's say at $100 per month (this is about most people's minimum charge), you will make $10,000 for that month.
    Now, if you have 200 accounts that you service bi-weekly, (100 one week and the other 100 the next week) and are charging each account around $75.00 per month, then you will have made $15,000 for that month cutting the same amount of yards per week.

I bill these on contract and charge a flat rate per month and NO, I don't have my route set-up like that, but I do not have a problem with bi-monthly.

Don't sneer at it, I have about 1/4 of my accounts on bi-monthly with the rest on weekly contracts. I do have about 6 that I do on a per cut basis, but these are larger properties and are mostly bahia.

10. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

"I charge a $25 "trip charge" + $1 per 1,000 sq ft + any misc. fees for weekly customers, for bi-weekly I am charging $25 "trip charge" + $2 per 1000 sq ft.+ any misc. fees."

:clapping: I have to say, that I really like that system you use... I may have to start using something real close to that with a couple of 'tweeks'..... :drinkup: